Thursday, May 5, 2011

When it rains, it pours...

On this one beautiful sunny day after many many rainy dreary days, I am reminded of Steven Covey's The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People where he writes about the first, most foundational habit: Be Proactive. Being proactive is like carrying your own good weather with you wherever you go; think of it as "I don't let bad weather become my excuse for my bad mood".

What got me thinking today was that proactivity is hard work. With such a beautiful day, its easy to be in a good mood. On the flip side, Heather and I have also found that when the "weather" is particularly bad, its also easy to get sour quickly.

"Weather" can be anything around you; work, in-laws, the kids, school, you get the idea. When it rains, it pours... such a common cliche. There's truth in those words-but there's an out-ONLY IF WE LET IT!

When we're in a bad mood, things only seem worse than they really are. Trust these words! When negative feelings start to pour over you, embrace them for what they are-a natural response to a tough situation-and keep moving, the sun will come back!

Onward to Glory!

Bill loves Heather Kreke

No comments:

Post a Comment